Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:50 AM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for the Capital Maintenance and Reimbursable (I and C) programs, activities, projects and their execution, on the New England and Empire Divisions and the development ofsome Capital construction programs.
- Directs Engineering Department resources and has the overall responsibility for the planning, coordination Integration, execution and tracking of all construction Capital Maintenance and Reimbursable projects within the Divisions, including technical or engineering management requirements to support the efficient operation of a specific function or department
- Responsible for all project management functions including design, review resource planning, provide information for scheduling and integration, implementation, cost control, reports and closeout with respect to construction of bridges, buildings, signals and communication, track, and electric traction facilities and related appurtenances on Amtrak:owned property, and that property owned by other railroads and maintained by Amtrak within a designated Division
- Develops and fosters interpersonal relationships and provides guidance, direction and support to subordinates and cross:functional teams to ensure the effective utilization of Amtrak resources such that all financial and schedule aspects of assigned projects are properly managed and controlled
- Responsible for the implementation of technical standards, policies, and procedures related to a specific discipline
- Responsible for the development, planning, budgeting, coordination and scheduling of resources required to accomplish construction projects and programs
- Establishes planning, scheduling and cost control policies, practices, and procedures relating to construction projects
- Ensures effective utilization of Amtrak Program Management staff and force account labor
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal/external customers to accomplish objectives and provide effective communication
- Directs the planning of ongoing projects and programs to ensure the efficient use of resources and adherence to Amtrak's business plan
- Responsible for the integration of Capital Maintenance and reimbursable (I and C) construction projects and programs to ensure timely completion
- Directs the development of scope, schedules, estimates and cost:control measures for both short and long:term resource planning relating to Amtrak and third:party projects and programs
- Manages the oversight of Capital Maintenance and Reimbursable budgets from to a 10M threshold
- Prior satisfactory job performance required
- Must have extensive railroad industry experience (e.g./ construction and field production methods, operations and procedures) sufficient to plan and direct activities
- Demonstrated project management and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated planning, scheduling, budget, and finance/cost control experience
- Knowledge of FRA regulations, OSHA requirements, and other federal, state, and local regulations and standards sufficient to ensure compliance
- Experience demonstrating skill using PC:based word processing and spreadsheet software (e.g., Word, Excel) sufficient to prepare correspondence and manage budget
- Extensive experience in railroad maintenance and construction
- Extensive experience in infrastructure improvement planning
- Experience managing employees
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight time con
• Location: Eastern Connecticut, Groton
• Post ID: 14009750 connecticut