search
Price $
Home > Connecticut buy, sell, trade > Connecticut miscellaneous

Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:33 AM

Reply

Washington - In 1858 the United States purchased 10 acres of land costing $400 for the location of the lighthouse. The original lighthouse was completed during the months just prior to the Civil War and was among the West's earliest navigational aids. It had a fourth order Fresnel lens, and the light could be seen sixteen miles away. This light welcomed Puget Sound marine traffic to Admiralty Inlet. In 1890, with construction of the fort to protect Admiralty Inlet, the light was relocated, relinquishing the building and site to the U.S. Army. The original Red Bluff wooden lighthouse was demolished to make room for soldiers and guns in Fort Casey.

The replacement lighthouse, constructed of brick and stucco, was built in 1903 but was discontinued in 1922. It was the last brick lighthouse designed by renowned German architect Carl Leick. During its later occupancy by the Army, the lighthouse was used as a training facility for the K-9 dog program. - Certificate of Authenticity from Danbury Mint included - 3 3/4" tall

150 Meadowbrook Drive, 06042    google map | yahoo map

• Location: Hartford, Manchester, CT

• Post ID: 6286707 connecticut

Play it safe. Avoid Scammers.

Most of the time, transactions outside of your local area involving money orders, cashier checks, wire transfers or shipping (especially overseas shipping) are scams or frauds.

Report all scam attempts to abuse@backpage.com.

connecticut.backpage.com is an interactive computer service that enables access by multiple users and should not be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider. © 2018 backpage.com