AOA Xinetics (AOX) is seeking a dynamic System Architect Engineer for its Special Business Area located in East Hartford, CT. AOA Xinetics, part of Northrop Grumman’s Aerospace Products business unit is a leader in developing challenging, mission critical electro-optical and opto-mechanical systems. AOX designs, manufactures and services optical & photonic solutions world-wide for both the industrial and government markets. Since its inception, AOA Xinetics has been providing customers with the highest quality products and services. AOA Xinetics customers are the U.S. Government, industrial customers, as well as U.S. defense prime and second-tier contractors. The Company has substantial growth opportunities in support of many U.S. Government and NGAS business initiatives.
The System Architect Engineer will work with program managers and engineers to develop system architectures that meet specific program requirements and fulfill the key system functions. The systems may include optical, mechanical, electrical, and software components. Some on the job training to understand specific customer requirements is expected. Interactions with external customers will increase once sufficient domain knowledge is acquired. The successful candidate may work the System Engineering team to develop lower level requirements.
The System Architect Engineer will report directly to the AOA Optics and Photonics Group Manager. This position provides a broad, exciting opportunity in a high-growth, strategically important business for NGAS. We are looking for a successful team member with exceptional people skills, one who is valued by employees and customers alike. Our ideal candidate can influence and motivate a team to perform at higher levels, has excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; must be highly influential in conversation and have a record of collaborative approach with peers/peer organizations. Specifically, the details of the position are the following:
· Will be an individual contributor as a system architect on programs that have significant optical and photonics aspects.
· Work within interdisciplinary teams to develop novel and innovative solutions to advanced technical problems.
· Develop mathematical models for simulation and analysis of optical and electro-optical systems. The engineer will be responsible for the overall development of optical systems, including: specifying, selecting and qualifying active and passive optical components, developing and benchmarking system performance models, and implementing test procedures.
· Engage with customers, addressing complex and difficult technical issues and developing practical product solutions.
· Work closely with and collaborate with the Business Area Manager, Program Managers and other technical personnel on quotes, proposals and responses to customer technical inquiries.
· Position is located in the AOX East Hartford facility.
· Occasional travel to other AOX facilities and offices.
· Travel a few times a year to customer locations to support design and program reviews.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17026514&lang=en
• Post ID: 22871827 connecticut