Retail Visual Merchandiser, Part Time: Danbury, CT, Macy's Danbury Fair - Macys (Danbury, CT)
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 1:37 AM
The Visual Merchandiser is responsible for arranging and maintaining attractive visual presentation in windows, on ledges, shelves, and fashion panels throughout the store. May follow a floor plan to re-merchandise an area in preparation for special events or season changes. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking here .
- Pull merchandise to set-up visual representations using the loan book to check merchandise into and out of departments
- Construct, paint, set-up, and install signs, sale banners, panels, and other items required for special events, clearance events, and fashion shows
- Set-up and maintain fixtures using hand or power tools, such as saws, dykes, hammers, screwdrivers, staple guns, ladders, mannequin units, scissors, nails, spray paint, spray glue, and knives
- Maintain and present visual displays in a compelling and exciting manner in accordance with company directives
- Understand customer preferences and exercise judgment when deviating from company directives to appeal to specific customer base
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent. Additional
education training in art or merchandising is
preferred. Merchandise presentation or visual
presentation experience is preferred.
Communication Skills: Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret
instructional documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals.Excellent written and verbal
Physical Demands: This position Involves heavy lifting, constant moving,
standing, and reaching with arms and hands.
Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours,
lift atleast 30 lbs. Will involve stooping, kneeling,
crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve
reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color
vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Other skills: Must possess vision and creativity. Basic knowledge of
art, design, fashion, and interior decoration. Ability to
collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must
possess a strong sense of urgency. Should be
comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use
of RF equipment.
Work Hours: Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail
hours, which may include day, evening, weekends,
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
• Location: Northwest Connecticut
• Post ID: 13911481 connecticut